Construction of the world’s first fully electric hydro foiling RoPax is underway in our Auckland shipyard. The Foil 24 will operate completely emission-free from 2023 across the Cook Strait in New Zealand.
- With unparalleled seakeeping and comfort, the Foil 24 can operate at cruise in conditions up to 3 meters significant wave height
- Predictive ride control with fully-submerged actuated foils ensures reliability and smooth sailing
- Fully electric energy storage and propulsion systems means no emissions, ever
- Move passengers, vehicles, and cargo sustainably at scale
- Carbon fibre composite hulls and foils, allowing for a precise hydrodynamic hull form and a high strength to weight ratio
- Forget corrosion and fatigue - our hulls are cost efficient and easy to maintain, with a design life of over 30 years
Designed For Operators
- Designed and built with ease of operation and maintenance prioritised
- Engineered redundancy across propulsion, foil actuation, and all other systems to guarantee safety and reliability
Faster Than Ever Before
The Foil 24 will be the first ferry to cross the Cook Strait in under two hours during commercial service. The ferry will be able to carry up to 30 passengers, and up to 6 cars.
“ Ferries of this size that can operate in these conditions are unprecedented - it would change the way we think and what we can offer our customers.
– Matthew Portelli
Managing Director of Virtu Holdings
Want To Learn More?
Send us a message here to reach out; we'll get right back to you
For sales enquiries email us at: email@example.com